- FREE CLE: We offer at least 10 free CLE hours each year—that’s a $500 value!
- Great free publications: The biweekly QuickLINK and triannual LINK provide excellent content to benefit solos and small firms.
- Social media and a members-only Facebook group: Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and join our LinkedIn and members-only Facebook groups. We regularly post Bar news, CLE information and practice tips—a great way to stay up to date on what’s going on in the legal community.
- Discounts on outstanding CLE programming: If you sign up for each seminar we offer and use your section-member discount, your cost savings will be more than $500!
- Leadership and networking opportunities through committee service: The value to your practice is priceless.
“The business of practicing law is important to all of us; and technology is rapidly becoming the cornerstone of the legal business. If you are practicing solo or in a small firm – and seeking resources and CLEs that will further your practice and increase your tech skills – the Solo & Small Firm Section is the place for you.”Damon C. Glisson2015 – 16 SSF Section Chair
“If you are flying solo or practicing in a small firm, building and maintaining a strong network of competent, trustworthy colleagues can be the difference between having a mediocre practice, and having one that is truly excellent. With that in mind, take the time to learn about some of the opportunities this section will provide to you to build and strengthen your network!”Teresa Byrd Morgan2014 – 15 SSF Section Chair
“Almost two-thirds of Florida Bar members practice in firms of five lawyers or fewer. If you are part of that two-thirds, then the Solo, and Small Firm Section is your natural home within The Florida Bar.”Kevin Johnson2013 – 14 SSF Section Chair
Attorneys and paralegals may join the Solo & Small Firm Section through The Florida Bar Member Portal.
Membership dues are for The Florida Bar fiscal year, July 1 – June 30.
- Attorneys and Affiliates: $45
- Law Students: Free
If you are a law school student or are interested in non-attorney affiliate membership, please contact Solo & Small Firm Section Program Administrator Ricky Libbert at email@example.com or (850) 561-5631.