31, Centro, 28013 Madrid
The Section’s 2024 destination CLE trip is a 10-day tour of Southern Spain; details are available on the destination CLE trip web page.
The CLE, “Enhance Your Practice With Mobile Technology,” will be held on May 27 from 9 AM–1 PM at the Hyatt Centric Gran Via Madrid (patio). The course number will be provided when participants register. 4 CLE; 4 Technology credits.
Segment One: 9–11:30 AM
- Title: Using Technology to Efficiently Run Your Practice from Anywhere
- Speaker: Liz McCausland, Liz McCausland P.A., Orlando and Legal Tech Consultant, Law Tech Partners.
- Description: Today’s legal technology has given lawyers the ability to work from anywhere. Firms are now able to gain a competitive edge and improve legal services to their clients without being in the room. Technology and remote work also have opened the doors to hiring and training staff that is not “in our backyard.” In this presentation, Liz McCausland, attorney and legal tech consultant, will explore opportunities for today’s lawyers to deliver service and value to their practice, clients, and cases while working remotely.
Coffee & Tapas Break: 11:30 AM–12:10 PM
Segment Two: 12:10–1 PM
- Title: Cybersecurity: Best Practices When Hiring a Technology Company.
- Speaker: Jason Alderman, of The Alderman Law Firm, Miami Shores.
- Description: Jason Alderman, of The Alderman Law Firm, will provide an in-depth review of cybersecurity best practices and considerations when evaluating and hiring technology consultants and companies for your law firm. He will discuss technology security controls and steps to protect your practice and clients from intrusion.
Liz has served in leadership positions in many voluntary bar associations and has won awards for her devoted service including being recognized with the Lawrence G. Matthews Professionalism Award. She is a past president of the Orange County Bar Association, and serves on the executive board of the Florida Bar’s Solo and Small Firm Section. She has also previously served on the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Section, The Florida Bar’s Leadership Academy Committee and on the executive board of the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers. Liz is a self-proclaimed gadget geek and has never met an app she didn’t try. Unfortunately, the nuances of Microsoft Excel still confound her.